Saturday, January 5, 2008

Prayers Worthy of an Almighty God

My nine-year-old grandson, Jonathan and I were talking about one of the miracles of the Bible, and I made the mistake of saying, “And God did an unusual thing.”

“Why was that unusual?” he asked.

Taken aback, I stumbled around in my thoughts trying to find a satisfactory response, but I found none. Finally I admitted, “It really shouldn’t be, but we don’t always have the faith to believe God, as we should.”

You may have felt that way. The miracles of the Bible are wonderful, but they are so far and few between now. Dare I even ask for one for fear it won’t happen.

Lately, I’ve been asking God to help me pray prayers worthy of an almighty God. I marked a new notebook with the words, My Miracles Book and began writing prayers that I believe will honor God when answered, even if they seem impossible. I list prayers for salvation of an unsaved family member, reconciliation with relatives that are emotionally distant, healings (physical and emotional), even publication of children’s books that I believe will bless others, but are slow finding a publisher.

I started this book only a few months ago, and would you believe that one of the miracles of reconciliation I listed has already happened?

Now, as we start 2008 is a great time to begin such a book. Let’s ask God to accomplish greater things than we can even ask. Please let me know as your miracles begin to emerge.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20, 21

No comments: